Eilat Climate & Temperature
- Eilat, Israel is at 29°33'N, 34°57'E, 20 m (66 ft). See map.
- Eilat has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Eilat is situated in or near the subtropical desert biome.
- The average annual temperature is 24.5 degrees Celsius (76.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 17.3 °C (31.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 31.4 mm (1.2 inches) which is equivalent to 31.4 Litres/m² (0.77 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3366 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Eilat you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Tubuai, French Polynesia where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Eilat Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Eilat Climate Graph in Metric Units
Eilat Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Eilat, Israel Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: