Eilat Climate & Temperature
- Eilat, Israel is at 29°33'N, 34°57'E, 20 m (66 ft). See map.
- Eilat has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Eilat is situated in or near the subtropical desert biome.
- The annual average temperature is 24.5 degrees Celsius (76.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 17.3 °C (31.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 31.4 mm (1.2 inches) which is equivalent to 31.4 Litres/m² (0.77 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3366 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Eilat you would come out nearest to the climate station at Tubuai, French Polynesia where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Eilat, Israel Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: